Reed Electric Pianos
These classic instruments have been used in countless recordings...
This electro-acoustic piano has single steel reeds for each key. The vibration is transmitted through an electrostatic pickup system, giving it a brighter and more hollow sound than the classic electric piano. This keyboard can be sweet when played gently or aggressive if played harder.
This instrument will sound very familiar and was used on countless hit recordings, such as:
- "Dreamer" — Supertramp
- "What’d I Say" — Ray Charles
- "No Quarter" — Led Zeppelin
- "Mama Told Me Not to Come" — Three Dog Night
- "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy" — Cannonball Adderley
- "Stay With Me" — The Faces
- And many more...
Also called "Butterfly Baby Grand" due to its shape, with a walnut finish wooden case, this instrument was one of the last models produced in this family.