- Final Cut Pro
- Premiere Pro
- PCI tower operation
- Laptop operation
HD Express for Avid
HD Express for Avid
Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter
Thanks to Avid's new Open I/O SDK, the HD Express is compatible with — and fully certified for — Media Composer® 6.5, Symphony® 6.5, and NewsCutter® 10.5.
The HD Express delivers uncompressed, full-raster 1080/720 HD or SD video to and from the computer, allowing you to capture and play HD/SD material using any video format supported by Media Composer and Avid Media Access®, such as XDCAM, DNxHD, and ProRes.
The HD Express driver installer with Avid support is now available for download. This updated software installer provides compatibility with (and is required for) the Media Composer 6.5 family of products.
Ingest any uncompressed HDMI, or component HD source and then capture and edit in your Avid-supported codec of choice, while monitoring your Media Composer timeline on external HDMI and/or component monitors. The Audio Express delivers unmatched multi-channel audio I/O features to cover a wide range of audio capture and playback workflows.
The HD Express is the ideal economical, all-in-one video capture and monitoring solution for Avid Media Composer workflows.
Fully qualified for Media Composer
MOTU and Avid have worked closely together to deliver seamless setup and operation for the HD Express with Media Composer using the new Open I/O features in Version 6.5.
For a summary of supported features, read this Avid-supplied Hardware I/O Capabilities matrix.
HD Express / Avid feature highlights
- Comprehensive HD/SD video capture and monitoring — provides HD and SD capture and playback in all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF) for any Avid-qualified PCI- or ExpressCard-equipped computer.
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD — 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution.
- Tower or laptop operation — connects to an Avid-qualified Mac or PC tower via PCI Express for ultra-fast workstation use, or connects to a laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation.
- HDMI® capture and monitoring — provides both HDMI in and out.
- ASC CDL color grading — provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- Comprehensive audio I/O — capture 8 channels of embedded HDMI audio. Play back stereo, 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound directly to powered speakers. Connect speakers, a home theater amp or an audio mixer and monitor your mix in stereo or full 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Also provides S/PDIF digital I/O with sample rate conversion.
- Rack mountable form factor — professional rack-mount operation (when joined with another MOTU half-rack interface), or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.