The all-new UltraLite-mk5 is a ground-up redesign of MOTU's award-winning 18 x 22 half-rack USB audio interface for macOS, Windows and iOS.
The 5th-generation UltraLite-mk5 matches the connectivity of its popular predecessors with a total of 40 simultaneous I/O channels, including two front-panel XLR/TRS combo-style mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs with preamps (+74 dB of gain), 6 x 10 balanced quarter-inch analog I/O, 8-channel ADAT optical (switchable to stereo TOSLink), stereo RCA S/PDIF I/O and MIDI in/out jacks, all housed in a fully redesigned steel enclosure with molded aluminum alloy end caps.
A new high-resolution, high-contrast white OLED display provides precision metering for all analog inputs and outputs, along with digital I/O activity indicators and status info.
Updated ESS™ DAC Technology drives all analog outputs, including headphones, with the new ES9026PRO DAC delivering an impressive 125 dB dynamic range on the line outputs. Analog inputs vastly outperform earlier models with measured 120 dB dynamic range and -114 dB THD+N (0.0002%). The mic inputs deliver a remarkable -129 dB Equivalent Input Noise (EIN).
The included CueMix™ 5 software has been completely re-engineered as a native app for macOS, Windows 10 and iOS. With a fresh new GUI, CueMix 5 simplifies hardware (direct) monitoring, allowing you to engage monitoring for each input with one click, directly on the Home screen. Separate mix tabs let you quickly create independent monitor mixes for each analog output pair, complete with 4-band parametric EQ, gating, compression and reverb.
The UltraLite-mk5 connects to a computer through Hi-Speed USB-C (audio class compliant, compatible with USB 2.0, 3.0 and iOS) and operates at sample rates up to 192 kHz.
UltraLite-mk5 feature highlights
- 18 x 22 USB audio interface with DSP, mixing and effects
- Superb analog audio performance driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC Technology
- Ultra-low latency for host software processing
- Precision front-panel metering for all analog I/O with high-resolution OLED display
- 2x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each mic input
- Measured -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- 10x balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS analog outputs with 125 dB dynamic range
- Hardware (direct) monitor mixing for each analog output pair (6 mix busses)
- 6x balanced 1/4-inch TRS analog inputs with measured 120 dB dynamic range
- 1x optical digital I/O (8-channel optical or 2-channel TOSLink)
- 2x RCA S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1x headphone out (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control
- MIDI in/out
- Support for 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.4 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.4 ms RTL@32/96 kHz and loopback feature)
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting
- DSP-driven 22 x 6 monitor mixer (separate monitor mix for each analog output pair)
- On-board effects including reverb, 4-band parametric EQ and dynamics
- Rugged steel construction
- CueMix 5 app to control mixing and settings from your Mac, PC or iOS device
- MOTU Performer Lite 10 workstation software included
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite)
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots
- Rack-mountable as a single unit or side by side (mounting kits sold separately)
- Two-year warranty