MX4, our unique multi-synth instrument, has quickly established itself as a synth plug-in worth adding to any desktop studio, whether you're just getting started or adding to a growing collection. And we've got great news for all MX4 users: Version 2 is packed with major new features and hundreds of new presets that instantly expand your sonic palette. Best of all, MX4 Version 2 will be a free upgrade to all MX4 users! It all starts with the pulsating, rhythmic textures of MX4 Version 2's new Pattern Gate...
Building on its multi-synthesis design, MX4 Version 2 will add the following new features:
- More built-in effects - Version 1 provides chorus and delay. Version 2 adds a phaser, flanger, and reverb.
- More factory presets - Hundreds of new presets will be added, including many that showcase the new features.
- Pattern gate - The Pattern Gate slices the output of MX4's synth section into programmable pulses locked to the project's tempo. You'll have graphical control over the attack, sustain and release of each pulse, as well as a pulse editor where they can set the pattern length and click each of 16 pulses to enable or disable them.
- Arpeggiator - Creates elaborate rhythmic, tempo-locked arpeggiation effects.
- Pattern sequencer/quantizer - Applies cyclic, fixed steps to any modulated parameter in MX4, from oscillator sync to wavetable index to filter resonance. The result produces fixed changes over time, similar to a sample-and-hold LFO, except that the pattern repeats, instead of being random. Sixteen steps can be individually set to one of 128 different values. Length can be set between 1 and 16 steps.
- Envelope follower - Transforms the amplitude of any audio input into a control signal for use anywhere in MX4 as a modulator or shaper.
- Lag processor - This shaper provides variable attack and release times. You can insert the lag processor as a shaper after any modulator. For example, it can be used to smooth out aftertouch response.
- Invert - Inverts the modulation source.
- Transform - Like invert, but with customizable response.
- Sample and hold - Quantizes the transition of any modulator to a specific rate or pulse. For example, if you want a stepped LFO effect, but one that sounds less random than the sample-and-hold LFO waveform, you can apply the sample and hold shaper to a shaped LFO, such as a triangle wave.
MX4 Version 2 will be free upgrade to all registered MX4 users.