Feast your eyes and hands on the most advanced control surface technology ever designed for Digital Performer. Co-developed by the engineering teams at MOTU and Euphonix, EuCon protocol support is now shipping to bring Euphonix' high-end Artist Series consoles to your Digital Performer-based studio. Together, the sleek and stylish MC Control and MC Mix worksurfaces give you unprecedented hands-on control of DP6 in a compact design that fits perfectly in front of your MacBook, iMac or Mac Pro tower. Now you can enjoy the sublime tactile experience of large format mixing consoles while at work in your personal desktop MOTU studio.
MC Control brings the unparalleled speed, resolution and audio workstation integration of Euphonix's high-end pro consoles, such as System 5, to your personal MOTU studio in a revolutionary ergonomic, slim-line design. MC Control fits perfectly between keyboard and screen, and up to three additional MC Mix units can be connected together to create a large, unified control surface.
Unprecedented control over DP6 mixing and editing
From high-resolution fader and plug-in control to advanced programming features, Euphonix’ MC Control and MC Mix provide seamless, tactile control over almost all major DP6 features.
Here are just a few of the unique features that these Euphonix media controllers bring to Digital Performer 6:
- Preprogrammed Soft Keys that provide instant access to most top-level Digital Performer functions.
- Soft Key Editor to create custom Soft Keys for any additional Digital Performer function or macro commands.
- Data entry wheel to jog, shuttle, zoom horizontally, and zoom vertically.
- Ability to flip any editable parameters from the rotary encoders to the faders.
- Touch-sensitive, hi-resolution rotary encoders and motorized faders.
- Ability to edit plug-ins, EQ's, dynamics, inputs, aux sends and mix destinations directly from the surface.
- Direct Assign feature to lock any fader to any track in Digital Performer.
- Ability to create and save up to 48 fader configurations as Layouts that saves with project file.
- Toggle automation modes for each channel.
- Ability to bring up the Mixing Board directly from the surface.
- Up to 9 character track and parameter names.
Setup is plug-and-play: once you get your Euphonix MC Control and/or MC Mix controllers, simply download the latest EuControl software update from the Euphonix website and run Digital Performer 6.01 or later to enjoy all the benefits of EuCon.
The EuCon protocol
EuCon is a high-speed control protocol developed by Euphonix that enables simultaneous control of multiple applications over an Ethernet cable at 250 times the speed and eight times the resolution of MIDI. EuCon automatically detects whatever application is in the foreground and instantly sets all controller displays, motorized faders and arsenal of controls to match.This means you can switch instantly between multiple supported Mac media applications. For example, you can switch from DP6 to Final Cut Pro and then back to DP6, and your Artist Series controllers will switch on the fly with you.
For more information
Visit the Euphonix web site for complete details about this state-of-the-art console technology for Digital Performer 6.